db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Miller" <amil...@metamatrix.com>
Subject RE: upcoming 10.2 release
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 15:23:33 GMT
I think DERBY-854 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-854) is
critical for working with read-only databases in embedded mode.
Currently, the JDBC DatabaseMetaData methods are completely broken when
running in this mode.  Thus, read-only databases cannot work with any
tool that imports metadata (which includes most JDBC tools I'm aware
of).

Please vote for this bug if you would like to use read-only databases
from a zip file.  My company would love to ship some example databases
in this way but have given up on Derby due to this bug.

Alex Miller
Chief Architect
MetaMatrix

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Hillegas [mailto:Richard.Hillegas@Sun.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 12:13 PM
To: Derby Discussion; Derby Development
Subject: upcoming 10.2 release

Dear Derby user community,

Yesterday, the Derby developers started a discussion about the timing
and contents of the next (10.2) release. A feature freeze date of April
7 was suggested although we have not settled on this date yet. I would
estimate that the actual release would appear around two months after
feature freeze.

Please let us know about any bugs which are particularly important to
you and which you would like to see fixed in this release.

Thanks,
-Rick