db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Deepa Remesh" <drem...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRDA] Question about DRDAStatement.initialize() method
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 17:26:25 GMT
On 2/24/06, Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hatlen@sun.com> wrote:
> You might also consider getting rid of pkgcnstkn, pkgid and pkgsn
> since they are stored in pkgnamcsn anyway. If you remove them, we only
> have two variables that aren't reset like the others.

It will be good to get rid of pkgcnstkn, pkgid and pkgsn (in next
patch). There are 2 more variables which get assigned only in
setPkgnamcsn() - cursorName and isolationLevel. So we have this
comment - " ALL variables (except 'database' and variables which are
set in 'setPkgnamcsn' based on the 'pkgnamcsn' value)" ?

> I also think it's a good idea to add a comment before the declarations
> of the instance variables saying something like
>
>   // NOTE!
>   //
>   // Since DRDAStatements are reused, ALL variables (except 'database'
>   // and 'pkgnamcsn') should be set to their default values in
>   // reset().

Thanks,
Deepa