db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Deepa Remesh <drem...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Features of the JUnit test execution harness
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 16:36:52 GMT
> So I guess what you are saying is that if the test framework provides a
> common mechanism to give a Connection to a derby database, it should go
> through a DataSource, instead of using DriverManager ?

I think we will need both mechanisms to get connection - using
DataSource and DriverManager.

J2ME/CDC/Foundation Profile is based on JSR169 for JDBC, which does
not have java.sql.DriverManager class. So, here we need a mechanism to
get a connection using javax.sql.DataSource.

Using DataSource to get connection will not work in case of j9 vms
(not foundation profile). In this case, database_enabler.jar is used
for JDBC support and this does not have javax.sql.DataSource class.

I'd appreciate if someone else familiar in this area can confirm this.

Thanks,
Deepa