db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: derbytools.jar loading derbyclient.jar
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 01:02:53 GMT
On 2/27/06, Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> wrote:

> If we're talking about making something easy to use, I would think this is
> confusing - which derbyclient.jar will it pick up?
>
> If possible, it would be nice to have the jar that's getting picked up first
> listed at the top, and then another section, marked maybe by: "also found:"

This would be doable. In the patch I attached to DERBY-1063, it would
only require minor modifications to report the "also found" jars. Any
zip files remaining in the cpzips array after duplicates were removed
would be an "also found" - if it was the first instance of the type of
jar, it would be found by loadZipFromResource() and be in the zips
array and thus be removed from the cpzips array by mergeZips().
Therefore, anything left in cpzips would necessarily not be an
accessible jar file.

andrew