db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby commit process
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 21:55:42 GMT
On 2/28/06, John Embretsen <John.Embretsen@sun.com> wrote:

> * Patch available
> * Patch reviewed
> * Patch revised
> * Patch finalized
>
> I think enabling these status items for the Derby project would improve our
> "commit process" - certainly it will reduce confusion regarding our "Patch
> available" check box. Any chance these status items can be enabled for Derby
> (and remove the "Patch available" check box)?

Oh dear. I had been playing with the workflows in JIRA and created
some new status types, and I didn't realize that they would be
viewable anywhere in JIRA since they're not actually part of any
workflow. They can't just be 'enabled' because they have to be part of
a workflow scheme, and I didn't get around to finishing it.

The reason I didn't finish the workflow is because JIRA's workflow
editor does not allow you to insert common actions (like Resolve or
Close) into a workflow with their GUI. Instead, the XML for the
workflow would need to be edited directly to add the common actions
into the new steps. The workflows are based on the XML schema
developed by the OSWorkflow project:
http://www.opensymphony.com/osworkflow/

I don't have time to work on it at the moment. If someone was really
interested, I could dump out the skeleton workflow in XML format for
them to work on.

andrew