db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Planning the 10.2 release
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 01:58:23 GMT

> I think that it would be ok for user docs to come in after feature
> freeze (April 7 or so). However, I think it would be good if we buttoned
> down these documents by the middle of the trashathon so that we can
> verify the docs and the code against each other. By the time we generate
> a release candidate, I'd like to believe that the docs have been
> debugged as well as the code.
>
> Hi Andrew,
>
> What's your advice on this question?

Just realized I hadn't responded to this question yet.

Presumably anything posted as a real release candidate - and not just
for testing - will be complete, in both code and docs. So yes, the
docs should be in as ready a state as the code when you propose a
release candidate to the community.

andrew