db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Main class for derbytools.jar
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 20:51:06 GMT
On 2/21/06, Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm assuming the lib in (eg) lib/derbytools.jar is referring to
> the default location & thus optional?

Correct.

> Should also make implementing (a reworded) DERBY-667 - (test) more feasible
> (before it was hard to think of a way of making this work automated on all
> platforms).
> And/but vice versa, if we are indeed doing this, we need to obviously
> definitely implement automated tests.

Agreed. I'm having a hard time coming up with a good way to do that,
though, besides pulling the location of the jar file out of the
classpath, and then Runtime.exec()-ing the three java -jar commands
with the tools jar and capturing the output. We could test the run
class directly, but that doesn't test the manifest generation or that
-jar actually works. Got any good ideas?

I should also put the usage message into the locale file instead of
hardcoding it in the file.

andrew