db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Main class for derbytools.jar
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 19:40:28 GMT
> Andrew McIntyre wrote:
>
> > Dan, expanding on your previous idea, what if we add a class to
> > derbytools.jar as it's default run class that just switches on the
> > available tools, then you can do:
> >
> > java -jar lib/derbytools.jar ij
> > java -jar lib/derbytools.jar sysinfo
> > java -jar lib/derbytools.jar dblook
> > etc.
>
> +1 That's a very cool idea.

Great, let's take it one step further. Why don't we remove the
frameworks directory. Completely. All the scripts there are for
running the above three classes, and NetworkServerControl, which we
also recently added the ability to run with -jar. Perhaps we could
have a top-level bin directory with a simple readme on how to run the
tools.

What do you think? The downside is there's quite a bit of doc impact,
but I'll be glad to help out with that.

andrew