db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Not all Jira comments are making it to e-mail
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2006 01:19:40 GMT

> This is an issue as all Derby communication needs to happen on the
> mailing lists, adding comments to Jira is ok, as the assumption is the
> comment is also sent to the mailing list.
>
> Would this be simply fixed by making the derby-dev alias that jira uses
> a member of derby developers?

So I looked into this and there seems to be three possibilities:

1 - Make mails go to the all members of the derby-developers group.
Downside: individual mails get sent to each person in the
derby-developers group, and not to the list, so not really a solution
to the problem in the first paragraph quoted from Dan's mail.

2 - Make an account for derby-dev@db.apache.org in JIRA, and add it to
the derby-developers JIRA group. May have unintended side effects like
duplicate mails in certain cases.

3 - Ask everyone to pretty please don't select 'visible to
derby-developers only' in JIRA.

We could try out #2, it would be easy to make the change and revert
later if it causes problems. Let me know if anyone has any concerns,
otherwise I'll try it out early next week.

andrew