db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Rajesh Kartha" <karth...@gmail.com>
Subject Blocker/Critical issues update
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2006 20:25:44 GMT
Hi,

Currently for Derby, there are about

3 - Blocker
5 - Critical issues

For most of these, there seems to be a plan of action in place. Of the
remaining
issues, I think, the following needs to be moved out:

Blocker:  DERBY-956 - OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space in stress.multi

(Suspected Linux kernel issue, see comments. Keep it Open with a Medium
priority till
everyone agrees to closing it)

Critical:  DERBY-749  -Corrupt Database after high cpu usage

(No information about the scenario to reproduce, hence should be closed)

Critical:  DERBY-396 -Support for ALTER STATEMENT to DROP , MODIFY, RENAME a
COLUMN

(No information about the status, hence should be un-assigned and maybe
marked Medium - if we are not targeting it to be
fixed for the upcoming 10.2 release)

If anyone thinks otherwise, please send a mail.

Regression Test Failures:
------------------------------------
The growing number of 'Regression Test Failures' is a concern.
There are about 17 of them currently, and deserves utmost attention to be
resolved early, if the goal is a successful 'derbyall' run on all the
platforms.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12310744

I think we should all stick with the Regression test guidelines on the wiki
page,

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TestRegressions

if tests have been failing continuously even after a clean run and for
sometime in the nightlies (is a week  fair enough ?), the
issue should be upgraded to a high priority.

Regards,
Rajesh