db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rajesh Kartha <karth...@gmail.com>
Subject 'Unassigned' critical issues
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 16:56:28 GMT
Hello,

I was reviewing the list of open JIRA issues for Derby and noticed there are
some 'Critical'
issues that remain 'Unassigned'.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10594&priority=2&resolution=-1

Does anybody have any comments or plan to work on the following?

Type  JIRA ID         Summary
                                          Assigned
Updated

Test  DERBY-830   lang/dcl.sql is failing
                               Unassigned  20/Jan/06
Bug   DERBY-749   Corrupt Database after high cpu usage
Unassigned  14/Dec/05
Bug   DERBY-616   create index can fail under the SecurityManager
Unassigned  11/Oct/05
                             when trying to access files in the tmp folder
of
                             a database

In addition, for the following issue there has been no updates for some
time.
Scott, can you please share your progress, if you are actively working on
this.

New   DERBY-396   Support for ALTER STATEMENT to DROP ,         Scott
      28/Dec/05
Feature                   MODIFY, RENAME a COLUMN
MacDonald

The following issues of regression failure were discussed on derby-dev - the
v10.2
behavior seems appropriate  and the v10.1 tests needs to be fixed. Having
said that,
I don't think they need to remain 'Critical' anymore.

Bug   DERBY-881   jdbcapi/LOBTest.java fails for server (10.1.2.2)
Unassigned   31/Jan/06
                             and client (10.2.0.0) compatibility testing

Bug   DERBY-880   jdbcapi/connectionJdbc20.java fails for server
                              (10.1.2.2) and client (10.2.0.0)
compatibility       Unassigned    31/Jan/06
                              testing with > SQLSTATE(null):
                              java.sql.SQLException: Stream of column value
                              in result cannot be retrieved twice

Going forward, I suggest any issues (specially Bugs, Test failures) marked
'Blocker' or 'Critical' needs
to get the immediate attention to be evaluated for assigning (have an owner)
or marking (the priority)
accordingly. Any regression test failures would fall into this category.

I can volunteer to monitor and send follow-up mails, for addressing the high
priority
Derby issues, on a regular basis.

Regards,
Rajesh