db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Is there any means to get the size of a log record?
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 01:12:08 GMT
I have not had time to look at the specific code.  My guess is that
you will have to add code to the redo and undo recovery loops to
track how much they have read.  This may involve changing the internal
interfaces to get at lengths of each log record - not sure.

you might look at the code that tracks how much log space has been
using in normal logging currently used for scheduling a checkpoint
as a pointer to how to track log size.