db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Right place to save database owner ...
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 20:45:03 GMT
Satheesh Bandaram wrote:
[snip]
> I will add RoutinePermsDescriptors to allow execute privilege to
> other system routines that all users should be able to invoke by
> default. (like SYSCS_GET_DATABASE_PROPERTY, SYSCS_EXPORT_TABLE,
> SYSCS_GET_RUNTIMESTATISTICS, SYSCS_IMPORT_TABLE,
> SYSCS_SET_STATISTICS_TIMING, SYSCS_SET_RUNTIMESTATISTICS,
> SYSCS_INPLACE_COMPRESS_TABLE, SYSCS_COMPRESS_TABLE)

SYSCS_GET_DATABASE_PROPERTY seems like one that should be restricted to
database owner. Not sure on the compress tables ones, seem more like
database owner.

> I also think all routines in SYSIBM schema should be executable by all.
> Only DBA access for INSTALL_JAR, REMOVE_JAR and REPLACE_JAR, by default?

Any chance of a list of all system procedures and if they will be
executable by public or only database owner, security invoker or definer?

Thanks,
Dan.