db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Derby commit process
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:23:13 GMT
Inspired by the new check box proposals in
http://www.nabble.com/New-Jira-Checkbox-proposal-t1200029.html, I looked a
little closer at what is available in Jira (see below)...

John Embretsen wrote:

> Bryan Pendleton wrote:
>> In preparation for issuing my first commit, I tried to write up an
>> overall
>> summary of the Derby commit process as I understand it. Could you please
>> give it a quick read and help me improve it?
>>
>> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyCommitProcess
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> bryan
>>

> The wiki says:
>
> <quote>
> The developer signals that the patch is ready to be committed by
> checking the "patch available" checkbox.
> </quote>
>
> i.e. after patch consensus has been reached among reviewers and the
> contributor(s).
> I was under the impression that the "Patch available" box in most cases
> is checked by a contributor to indicate that a patch is ready for
> review, not necessarily that a patch is ready for commit. What is the
> correct interpretation?

No one answered this, but in any case it seems strange to me that we have a
"Patch available" check box when Jira (if you select "All projects" under
"Find issues") offers the following status choices (among others):

* Patch available
* Patch reviewed
* Patch revised
* Patch finalized

I think enabling these status items for the Derby project would improve our
"commit process" - certainly it will reduce confusion regarding our "Patch
available" check box. Any chance these status items can be enabled for Derby
(and remove the "Patch available" check box)?

--
John