db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject New Jira Checkbox proposal
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:23:10 GMT
Per earlier conversations, I would like to propose  three  new Jira
checkboxes.

1) "Release Note Needed" - Change requires a release note.  Release Note
info put in Jira comments
2) "Existing Application Impact"   -  An intentional change that may
affect existing applications.
    (Rick suggested "Compatibility Impact", but I am  concerned that
this will be misinterpreted by developers to mean
      just client/server compatibility.  Better to think of it in terms
of anything that might affect an existing application.
3) "Regression"  -  A regression from a previously released version of
Derby.

I don't really understand the Jira model for when a checkbox vs a
component is appropriate.
So if folks have better ideas on implementation that would be great.  I
just think that it is critical to be able to query these three items.

Thoughts?

Kathey