db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Derby HTML book manuals - invalid anchors in TOC? (DERBY-753)
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 07:10:08 GMT
Jeff Levitt wrote:
> I can tell you that this is a problem that could be
> hard to fix.  The single-html books are not a normal
> result of the DITA transform.  However, some time ago
> Andrew found an xsl file on the web that we were able
> to use to transform the half-processed PDF transforms
> from the DITA process and convert them to html.
> Unfortunately, since that XSL file came from outside
> of DITA, it is not supported by their project.  If
> someone has time they can try to modify that xsl file
> to fix this problem, but I think the single-html files
> were put in place as sort of a bonus when Andrew found
> that xsl file, so I wouldnt expect to see as much
> progress on the quality of those books as the other
> two types of output, unless someone else knows what
> they are doing and can fix this (I dont!) :)
>
> Also, Andrew, do you know if the xsl file is legally
> modifiable?

I had a look at this. The XSL file "fo2html.xsl" comes from
www.renderx.com. I downloaded a copy (it is free) and compared it to the
one in our repos. They are identical, so nothing has been updated.
Although I had to obtain a license to download the XSL file, the
following is stated in the XSL file itself:

<!-- =============================================================== -->
<!--                                                                 -->
<!-- Convert XSL FO (as in REC 2001-10-15) to HTML                   -->
<!--                                                                 -->
<!-- © RenderX 2000-2001                                             -->
<!-- Permission to copy and modify is granted, provided this notice  -->
<!-- is included in all copies and/or derived work.                  -->
<!--                                                                 -->
<!-- Author: Nikolai Grigoriev, grig@renderx.com                     -->
<!--                                                                 -->
<!-- =============================================================== -->

Just for completeness, my (modified) 'license.xml' looks like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<license issuer="RenderX" issued="2006-02-28">
    <licensee>
       <person>My Name</person>
       <organization/>
    </licensee>
    <product name="Fo2Html">
       <limit name="full">1</limit>
    </product>

Don't know if you need to have this around, or if it is only a mean to
trace/control downloads.

I'm thinking about updating the Jira issue (DERBY-753) with some
information and maybe resolve/close it, but I will wait a little longer
to see if anyone else has something to add to this topic.

--
Kristian