db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: is it possible to call language sql/execute/AlterTableConstantAction from a system procedure?
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 22:09:33 GMT
#2 seems best to me, i just didn't know if it fit with the current
derby architecture.  I think it also has the benefit of least
amount of extra code in the system for a relative infrequent ddl
operation.

As you point out a move toward sharing the alter code will make it
much more likely no special casing needed for future development
directions.

Is there anyone interested in doing some relatively simple parser
work?  I would be happy to work as a primary mentor on this project
if anyone is interested.  I will file the JIRA.