db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: derbytools.jar loading derbyclient.jar
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 20:20:47 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:

> Andrew McIntyre wrote:
>>I hadn't considered the mixed jar environment, sorry, and I guess
>>there's no choice but to take out the Class-Path attribute from
>>derbytools.jar. Sadly, it cripples the spirit of 1019: there is then
>>no direct path to using the tools and one must explain classpath
>>before using the tools. Ah well, so it goes...
> Could it possibly only load it iff no other derbyclient.jar  is
> available?

Just to be clear, the Class-Path attribute does not load the jar, it
merely adds it to the class path.

With a classpath like this:

prior to 1019 change the classpath would remain unchanged,
now it becomes:

That (I believe) does not change behaviour, however if the user's
classpath is reversed, then a different client will be picked up.

User's classpath

actual class path

Once sysinfo is fixed, then it would be clear that the 10.2 client is
being selected.

(note, any jars from Class-Path manifest attribute that do not exist are
not added to the classpath).

View raw message