db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject derbytools.jar loading derbyclient.jar
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:04:29 GMT
In a comment and amidst some ongoing confusion (for me at least) in
DERBY-1045:

Knut said ...

>derbytools.jar will automatically put derbyclient.jar in the
>classpath. Since you have derbytools.jar from trunk before
>derbyclient.jar version 10.1 in your classpath, derbyclient.jar will
>be shadowed. Sysinfo will however report that you are using the 10.1
>version of derbyclient.jar, since it only sees the CLASSPATH variable.

What Jira was this added under? Is this really a good idea?  It seems
bad to me that I set up my CL:ASSPATH to get one client and derbytools
decides to give me another one.  Then  with DERBY-668 sysinfo tells me I
have the one I want.

Kathey