db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Derby HTML book manuals - invalid anchors in TOC? (DERBY-753)
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:43:24 GMT
John Embretsen wrote:
> Kristian Waagan wrote:
>> Hello,
>> Some time ago I created DERBY-753
>> (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-753), but there has not
>> been any activity on it since then. It says that the links in the
>> table of contents of the HTML book manuals do not work.
>> Can anyone confirm that the problem (still) exists?
> I can confirm that the problem still exists with the 10.2 reference
> manual. I have not tried the others.
> I also tried the link (from the Jira issue) that was supposed to work,
> but it did not work either. I.e.:
> http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/ref-single.html#crefsqlj95081
> does not work;
> http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/ref-single.html#N1223F
> does not work; but
> http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/ref-single.html#N1227F
> works.

Okay, thanks for confirming the problem.
For the links, the point was to illustrate that there are anchors in the
files, but they are not used. To me, it looks like there has been some
kind of mapping error or something during the build process.

I do not know how the anchors are defined and how the documentation
build process works. Can anyone with more Derby documentation building
experience see the reason for this problem?

Since I believe we don't exactly score "Top rated" on our documentation,
I would say this problem should be fixed pretty quickly! It hinders
navigation severely.

View raw message