db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: Grant/Revoke subtask - EXTERNAL SECURITY DEFINER | EXTERNAL SECURITY INVOKER
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 07:57:40 GMT
Mamta, the patch I submitted also implements many parts of routine
privileges... I have another follow up patch, that is running derbyAll
right now, that should implement remaining parts of routine privileges.
I hope to checkin that tomorrow, if all tests pass. This would implement
EXTERNAL SECURITY INVOKER model.

As I understand it, you are working on DEFINER model of execution. You
wouldn't be implementing routine privileges themself. Once a routine is
authorized to execute, your patch will determine if the routine would
use permission scheme of the creator of the routine or the invoker of
the routine. Let me know if this makes sense and sounds correct.

Satheesh