db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Solberg <Ole.Solb...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Blocker/Critical issues update
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2006 17:14:57 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:
> Rajesh Kartha wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>Currently for Derby, there are about
>>
>>3 - Blocker
>>5 - Critical issues
>>

> Rajesh I would move 1045 to Blocker if someone can reproduce it and we
> can confirm it is not some sort of enviromentent issue.  As it seems to
> break 10.1 client compatibility with the 10.2 server.  I tried but was
> not able to reproduce and added a comment to the issue.
>
> Has anyone else been able to reproduce this issue?
> [snip other bugs]
>
> Blocker:  DERBY-956 - OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space in stress.multi
>
> (Suspected Linux kernel issue, see comments. Keep it Open with a Medium
> priority till
> everyone agrees to closing it)
>
> This one still worries me.  Does it occur on 10.1?  If so, I agree it
> can be lower priority.   If not it should stay BLOCKER I think.  Also I
> would be interested to see  comparison of 10.1 and 10.2 with a lower
> heap for this test and wisconsin.sql.

I did a search for this one in our Derby-10.1 tests back to 2005-06-20:
http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby-10.1/Limited/index.html
but did not find any occurence of DERBY-956.

I searched for "stress/stress.multi" in the '*_fail.txt' files and if
this was found searched the corresponding '_diff.txt' file for a
"signature" like this one:

  ********* Diff file derbyall/encryptionAll/encryption/multi/stress.diff
  *** Start: stress jdk1.5.0_03 encryption:multi 2006-02-26 05:12:52 ***
  3a4
  > Exception in thread "Thread-6" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap
space
  6 del
  < TEST CASE SUMMARY: normal termination
  7 del
  < ...running last checks via final.sql
  7 add
  > TEST CASE SUMMARY: abnormal termination due to error(s) -- see test
log (./stress/stress.log) for details
  Test Failed.
  *** End:   stress jdk1.5.0_03 encryption:multi 2006-02-26 05:14:18 ***

So I am afraid it seems we have a BLOCKER.

The very first occurance of DERBY-956 that I have been able to find is in
http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/TinderBox_Derby/Limited/testSummary-370061.html

--
Ole Solberg, Database Technology Group,
Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway