db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: is it possible to call language sql/execute/AlterTableConstantAction from a system procedure?
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2006 02:37:27 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
<pre wrap="">Mike Matrigali wrote:

</pre>
  <pre wrap="">are 3 options:
1) copy the code to the system procedure
2) use the same method as offline compress, ie. add some internal
   syntax so that the whole setup is just done by the parser.
3) somehow call the alter statement node directly from "around"
   the parser.  I have no idea if this is possible, or how hard.
  </pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->Mike, also the way inplace compress is coded, there would
be an authorization issue if continued this way. In sqlStandard authorization mode, only schema
owner can issue DDLs on tables and this is enforced in language layer. Bypassing of language
compilation phase currently allows INPLACE compress to succeed where as offline compress fails:
</pre>
ij&gt; connect 'tdb;user=sat';<br>
ij(CONNECTION1)&gt; call SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_COMPRESS_TABLE('APP', 'T1',
0);<br>
ERROR 38000: The exception 'SQL Exception: User 'SAT' can not perform
the operation in schema 'APP'.' was thrown while evaluating an
expression.<br>
ERROR 2850D: <b>User 'SAT' can not perform the operation in schema
'APP'.</b><br>
ij(CONNECTION1)&gt; call SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_INPLACE_COMPRESS_TABLE('APP',
'T1', 1,1,1);<br>
0 rows inserted/updated/deleted<br>
ij(CONNECTION1)&gt;<br>
Once routine privileges are implemented fully, I have to make a list of
all system procedures and evaluate each one.<br>
Satheesh
<pre wrap="">
</pre>