db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Blocker/Critical issues update
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2006 01:28:32 GMT
Rajesh Kartha wrote:

> Critical:  DERBY-396 -Support for ALTER STATEMENT to DROP , MODIFY,
> RENAME a COLUMN
>
> (No information about the status, hence should be un-assigned and maybe
> marked Medium - if we are not targeting it to be
> fixed for the upcoming 10.2 release)

Not sure why it would be un-assigned, has anyone requested a status
update on it, I don't remember seeing anything? Maybe Scott is still
working on it.

As for Medium, I'm also not sure. This is a new feature, not a bug, I
can see an argument for not releasing while there is a critical bug, but
 I can't see a case for holding a release because of a lack of a
"critcal" new feature. Goes to "critical" in whose opinion? If it's not
critical in the eyes of the release manager then it's not a release stopper.

Dan.