db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject double check on checkDataSource
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2006 00:28:37 GMT
Looking at the method testDSRequestAuthentication() in checkDataSource,
the tests there end up to be mostly negative tests, failing with
database '' not found, but it would seem that that was not really the
intention e.g. here is some of the output.

 ConnectionPoolDataSource - connectionAttributes=databaseName=wombat
  getPooledConnection() - XJ004:Database '' not found.
  getPooledConnection(null, null) - XJ004:Database '' not found.
  getPooledConnection(fred, null) - XJ004:Database '' not found.
  getPooledConnection(fred, wilma) - XJ004:Database '' not found.
  getPooledConnection(null, wilma) - XJ004:Database '' not found.
  getPooledConnection(null, databaseName=wombat) - XJ004:Database '' not
found.
  getPooledConnection(fred, databaseName=wombat) - XJ004:Database '' not
found.
  getPooledConnection(fred, databaseName=wombat;password=wilma) -
XJ004:Database '' not found.
  getPooledConnection(fred, databaseName=wombat;password=betty) -
XJ004:Database '' not found.

It looks like it was that way all the way back to contribution:
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/derby/code/trunk/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/master/checkDataSource.out?rev=124918&view=markup

I had been working to get the existing tests running as is with client
but now think I should probably fix the embedded version first to
actually access the database.  Is that the right thing to do?

Thanks

Kathey