db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: Right place to save database owner ...
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2006 19:41:46 GMT

Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

>Seems strange to me to create a schema just to store the database owner,
>does not seem natural or intuitive. Though, maybe I'm a little confused
>by your description, you say "new system schema" and "new system
>catalog", did you mean to say schema throughout? Though the last part of
>the last sentence seems like what you are describing with SYSDBA.

Right... I meant to say "system schema" throughout... One place I seem
to have mentioned catalog instead. Any reason why system schemas need to
be owned by 'SA_USER_NAME', which is 'DBA'? Changing current system
schemas authorizationId to database owner authorizationID seems to make
sense to me.

Satheesh