db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: LargeCodegen test fails with derbyclient while running largeData test suite
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2006 02:11:00 GMT
Manjula G Kutty wrote:

> I have closed all the statements, prepared statements and resultsets
> in the largeCodeGen.java file. But still the test passes with embedded
> but fails with derbyClient. I'm attaching the modified
> largeCodeGen.java file

Hi Manjula,

Because this test throws a lot of exceptions, the statements and
prepared statements would need to be closed in a finally block.     But
I just noticed something that might be causing this and it is related to
the test harness.
When we run the test network server starts and gets the jvmFlags
specified for the test in largeCodeGen_app.properties
jvmflags=-Xmx512M -Xms512M
(Whether that is at all right I don't know since app_properties is I
think supposed to be for the client).

But it also gets these conflicting properties (from the harness itself?)
-ms16777216 -mx33554432

So which is the server really using?

*** Start: largeCodeGen jdk1.4.2_07 DerbyNetClient 2006-02-24 17:53:35 ***
Initialize for framework: DerbyNetClient
java -Xmx512M -Xms512M -ms16777216 -mx33554432
-Dderby.system.home=D:\testout\DerbyNetClient\largeCodeGen
-Djava.security.manager
-Djava.security.policy=D:\testout\derby_tests.policy -DderbyTesting.co
declasses=file:/D:/p4/marsden_patch/classes/
-DderbyTesting.codedir=D:\p4\marsden_patch\classes
-DderbyTesting.serverhost=localhost -DderbyTesting.clienthost=localhost
-DderbyTesting.codejar=file://un
used/ org.apache.derby.drda.NetworkServerControl start