db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject is it possible to call language sql/execute/AlterTableConstantAction from a system procedure?
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 23:13:03 GMT
a number of bugs have arisen from inplace compress that would
best be solved if the execution path of this system procedure
just went through the same code path as as the offline compress
system procedure.

The offline procedure actually goes through an internal alter
table statement syntax, through the parser, and then through
the normal alter table language execution.  But no new alter table
syntax was added for inplace compress.  It seems like I there
are 3 options:
1) copy the code to the system procedure
2) use the same method as offline compress, ie. add some internal
    syntax so that the whole setup is just done by the parser.
3) somehow call the alter statement node directly from "around"
    the parser.  I have no idea if this is possible, or how hard.

Any opinions on how to get the system procedure inplace compress
to share the alter table execution code?