db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [DRDA] Question about DRDAStatement.initialize() method
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 17:40:40 GMT
Deepa Remesh wrote:

>On 2/24/06, Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

>I will add this comment, slightly modified, because we are now calling
>only reset() instead of close in Database.newDrdaStatement. I am
>rerunning tests after a minor change. Meantime, I will upload a draft
>patch with comments from you and Knut.

My point though was that we should still keep close() and call both
close() of the old statement  and reset() to reset the statement.   Just
like reset was hidden when it was bundled in close.  The new code with
only reset() hides the fact that the old statement is getting closed.
So that is why I suggest something like

        if (stmt != null) {
	     // close the old statement
	    stmt.close();
	     // reset the statement so we can reuse it for this new statement.
            stmt.reset();

Kathey