db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Derby commit process
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 09:01:10 GMT
Bryan Pendleton wrote:
> In preparation for issuing my first commit, I tried to write up an overall
> summary of the Derby commit process as I understand it. Could you please
> give it a quick read and help me improve it?
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyCommitProcess
>
> thanks,
>
> bryan

The wiki says:

<quote>
The developer signals that the patch is ready to be committed by checking the
"patch available" checkbox.
</quote>

i.e. after patch consensus has been reached among reviewers and the
contributor(s).
I was under the impression that the "Patch available" box in most cases is
checked by a contributor to indicate that a patch is ready for review, not
necessarily that a patch is ready for commit. What is the correct interpretation?

--
John