db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: Best way to organize a Jiira entry for documenting changes that might affect existing applications for the release notes?
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:43:16 GMT

Kathey Marsden wrote:

>I want to file a Jira entry to document product changes that might
>affect existing applications for release notes for 10.2.
>I am a bit torn on how to set this up most effectively to make this
>convenient for users, developers, and doc writers.
>Here are my thoughts
>
>1) Add a comment to each issue  with a tag [RELEASE NOTES]
>2) Open a Jira entry to document changes that might affect existing
>applications
>
>then  either ...
>Option A
>3) Link the the various issues
>
>Option B
>3) Make a other info check box for "User Impact"  and check it for the
>relevant issues.
>4) Add instructions to the Jira entry on how to query.
>
>Option C (could  be in addition to either A or B)
>3) Link the Jira entry to a wiki page that has links to the bugs and a
>summary of the impact and justification"

We already have this Wiki page setup...
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyDevActivities. In addition to
tracking new features and improvements, the last table in the page could
be used to track this info. Wiki also allows for editing, so would
enable others to edit comments provided to make them clearer or provide
examples.

Feel free to change the format of the page/table as needed.

Satheesh