db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject dynamic package identifier/parsePkgidToFindHoldability question
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 20:17:08 GMT
I'm new to the client/server code and I'm trying to understand how
holability is passed around. That led me to this method:

org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAStatement

parsePkgidToFindHoldability

I see that this method sets the holdabilty of the statement based upon
the package id. What I don't understand is the case when the package
identifier is not dynamic. In this case the holdability is set to
HOLD_CURSORS_OVER_COMMIT. Is that just to match the engine's defaul
holdability, or is there some other special rule for non-dynamic package
 identifier?

Dan.