db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [web] Request for website updates for nightly builds and javadoc
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 19:08:20 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> Jean T. Anderson wrote:
>

>>How about this wording for a new "Nightly Builds" section on
>>http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html .
>>
>>  Unofficial nightly builds are available from the links below:
>>
>>   * 10.1 : http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby-10.1/builds/
>>   * development trunk:
>>http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby/builds/
>>
>>  Nightly builds are generated automatically and there is no guarantee
>>that they will actually work! Production systems should *always* use the
>>official release.
>>
>>tight enough? need additional wording?
>

> We might want to say something about optional build components that are
> always present in official releases may not be present in these
> unofficial builds, e.g. JSR169 suppport, OSGi support, JDBC 4.0 support.
> I tried downloading a build from Ole's site to see what was in the jars,
> but it was really slow so I gave up. Though what's true for Ole's build
> may not be true for someone else's builds in the future.

Here's some refinement:

   Nightly builds are generated automatically. There is no
   guarantee that they will actually work nor that they will
   include optional build components that are present in
   official releases, such as JSR169 support, OSGi support,
   and JDBC 4.0 support.

   Production systems should *always* use the official release.

comments? additions?

 -jean