db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [web] Request for website updates for nightly builds and javadoc
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 18:46:27 GMT
Jean T. Anderson wrote:

> How about this wording for a new "Nightly Builds" section on
> http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html .
>
>   Unofficial nightly builds are available from the links below:
>
>    * 10.1 : http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby-10.1/builds/
>    * development trunk:
> http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby/builds/
>
>   Nightly builds are generated automatically and there is no guarantee
> that they will actually work! Production systems should *always* use the
> official release.
>
> tight enough? need additional wording?

We might want to say something about optional build components that are
always present in official releases may not be present in these
unofficial builds, e.g. JSR169 suppport, OSGi support, JDBC 4.0 support.
I tried downloading a build from Ole's site to see what was in the jars,
but it was really slow so I gave up. Though what's true for Ole's build
may not be true for someone else's builds in the future.

Dan.