db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Solberg <Ole.Solb...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [web] Request for website updates for nightly builds and javadoc
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:41:56 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:
> Jean T. Anderson wrote:
>

>>Kathey Marsden wrote:
>>

>>>I think it would be good from the download page to point to the nightly
>>>builds that Ole posts for users to try out if they want to be daring:
>>>
>>>10.2 - http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby/builds/
>>>10.1 - http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby-10.1/builds/
>>>

>>It would be easy for http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html to
>>point to an index of nightly builds on
>>http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/
>>
>>It's hard to automatically rebuild the web site nightly to point to each
>>specific new build (more details below).
>>

> These two lings are farily static I think:
>  The 10.1 builds are at:
>
> http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby-10.1/builds/
>
> The trunk  builds (10.2) are at:
> http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby/builds/
>
> and should be separately linked from the downloads page.
> We wouldn't need a new link until 10.2 branched.

I agree that we should just have links from the Derby downloads page to
"my" Derby/builds/ and Derby-10.1/builds/ pages.
When we get another branch we will have to do some manual updates both
to the Derby download page and "my" pages anyway.

>>>2) I noticed the 10.1 page talks about the alpha flag which I think is
>>>not applicable.
>>>

>>Which page? could you provide the complete URL?
>>

> I was talking about Ole's 10.1 build page:
>
> http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby-10.1/builds/
>

> Which in the description has information about both the branches and the trunk, so just
before the build listing you see in red.
> *Warning!*
> The alpha version tag explicitly disables upgrade in Derby.
> It is not a big deal really but might be a little confusing to someone looking to download
10.1 to check out a fix.

I have now removed the text referring to the development trunk from the
10.1 branch builds page. (I did it manually on the page, and it will be
created this way next time we have a 10.1 branch update/build.)

--
Ole Solberg, Database Technology Group,
Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway