db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [web] Request for website updates for nightly builds and javadoc
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:06:11 GMT
Jean T. Anderson wrote:

>Kathey Marsden wrote:
>

>>I think it would be good from the download page to point to the nightly
>>builds that Ole posts for users to try out if they want to be daring:
>>
>>10.2 - http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby/builds/
>>10.1 - http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby-10.1/builds/
>>

>It would be easy for http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html to
>point to an index of nightly builds on
>http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/
>
>It's hard to automatically rebuild the web site nightly to point to each
>specific new build (more details below).

These two lings are farily static I think:
 The 10.1 builds are at:

http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby-10.1/builds/

The trunk  builds (10.2) are at:
http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby/builds/

and should be separately linked from the downloads page.
We wouldn't need a new link until 10.2 branched.

>>2) I noticed the 10.1 page talks about the alpha flag which I think is
>>not applicable.
>>

>Which page? could you provide the complete URL?

I was talking about Ole's 10.1 build page:

http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby-10.1/builds/

Which in the description has information about both the branches and the trunk, so just before
the build listing you see in red.
*Warning!*
The alpha version tag explicitly disables upgrade in Derby.
It is not a big deal really but might be a little confusing to someone looking to download
10.1 to check out a fix.