db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [web] Request for website updates for nightly builds and javadoc
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:02:42 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:

>>I also think it would be good for the public API javadoc to be linked
>
>>from the Manuals page.

> Actually the API is linked, I was just being blind.  The only request is
> for the builds.

I think a bigger issue is that there is no linkage from the manuals to
the javadoc in a release. At least none I could see. Ideally the
pubished api javadoc and the manuals would be well integrated, so that
any mention of a public api class in the manuals would be a hyperlink to
the Javadoc.

Another ease of use issue with the docs in a release is that there is
not obvious starting point, say an index.html at the top level. The docs
 directories are a pain in the html mode, the docs folder has html/<book
name>. Looking at ref I'm faced with 313 .html files, most with
confusing names. The starting point is not obvious, index.html is hidden
somewhere in there, but it's a pain to find. I wonder if all of the html
files except the starting point could be in a sub-folder?

Dan.