db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Army <qoz...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [OPTIMIZER] OptimizerImpl "best plans" for subqueries?
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2006 03:49:59 GMT
Army wrote:
> Okay, so maybe that'not as clear as I'd like it to be.  However, when I
> post these changes to DERBY-805 (as Phase 1 "v2"), I will also update
> the DERBY-805 document to include this description and a walk-through
> example showing how it's all supposed to work.

I just attached the new patch with a corresponding description (and walk-through
example) to DERBY-805.  The new changes match what I proposed in my earlier
email, with one minor exception: the call to addOrLoadBestPlan() when placing an
Optimizable was removed, as it turns out that it wasn't needed.

View raw message