db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r378532 - in /db/derby/code/trunk/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests: master/DerbyNetClient/checkDataSource30.out suites/DerbyNetClient.exclude tests/jdbcapi/checkDataSource.java tests/jdbcapi/checkDataSource30.java
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 18:58:28 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

>>  - Changed to only test SimpleDataSource for embedded
>Can you expand on this last item. The purpose of the test is to check
>all data sources for embedded, the comment implies to me that we are now
>not testing EmbeddedDataSource. Or did I misunderstand?
This  was poorly worded.  Maybe move the only to the end.

- Changed to test SimpleDataSource for embedded only.

patch 1 changed the test to  use the TestUtil.getXXXDataSource methods
so that it could run with both client and embedded.
So, for example when run with -Dframework=DerbyNetClient  it will  test
ClientXADataSource instead of  EmbeddedXADataSource. SimpleDataSource is
relevant only to embedded so is not run for client.

Here are the three booleans and comments from the patch.  Dan mentioned
to me offline that  for
needRollbackBeforePCGetConnection the embedded behaviour is correct. So
that one need to have the comment changed and a Jira filed.  I will take
care of that in continuing work on DERBY-435 and also move the "only" to
the end of most sentences.

// Only test connection toString values for embedded.
    // Client connection toString values are not correlated at this time
and just
    // use default toString
    // These tests are exempted from other frameworks
    private static boolean testConnectionToString =
    // Only embedded supports SimpleDataSource (JSR169).
    // These tests are exempted from other frameworks
    private static boolean testSimpleDataSource =

    // for a PooledConnection.getConnection() the connection gets closed.
    // Embedded automatically rolls back any activity on the connection.
    // Client requires the user to rollback and gives an SQLException
    // java.sql.Connection.close() requested while a transaction is in
    // I think client is right here (kmarsden), the user should have to
    private static boolean needRollbackBeforePCGetConnection =

View raw message