db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r378532 - in /db/derby/code/trunk/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests: master/DerbyNetClient/checkDataSource30.out suites/DerbyNetClient.exclude tests/jdbcapi/checkDataSource.java tests/jdbcapi/checkDataSource30.java
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 18:34:26 GMT
kmarsden@apache.org wrote:

> Log:
> DERBY-435 jdbapi/checkDataSource30.java test should be changed or extended to test client
>  patch 2 - checkDataSource30 holdability testing for client
> - Enables the checkDataSource30 test for holdability tests that are currently passing.
>   There appear to be several holdability bugs associated with network XA in additon to
> - Makes some progress toward getting checkDataSource.java to run with client, but it
is not enabled yet.
>   - Changed to only run connection toString tests for embedded.
>   - Changed to only test SimpleDataSource for embedded

Can you expand on this last item. The purpose of the test is to check
all data sources for embedded, the comment implies to me that we are now
not testing EmbeddedDataSource. Or did I misunderstand?

>  - Changed to perform an explicit rollback of active transactions for client before performing
a PooledConnection.getConnection()
>   I think this is an issue with embedded that it allows a PooledConnection.getConnection()
with an active transaction, instead of throwing an error if the transaction is active.

I'm not sure this is a correct change, I thought it was defined that
PooledConnection.getConnection() closed the existing connection. I need
to find that reference.

View raw message