db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject [web] wiki vs website (Was "Performance regressions")
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 17:46:40 GMT
Olav Sandstaa wrote:
> Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>would it make sense & be ok to point to these tests from the 'tests results'
>>web page?
>

> It would definitively be ok to point to these tests. I leave it to
> someone else to decide if it "makes sense" :-)
>
> ..olav

Is there any reason that http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_tests.html
cannot be moved to the Wiki where developers can more easily update it?
Is there any reason to restrict the ability to update this information?

Here are my thoughts on what belongs where.

The web site must host anything that should be write protected (only a
committer updates). Examples include:
(1) Anything having to do with Derby project policies; for example, the
community page at http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_comm.html because of
the policies mentioned.
(2) downloads/releases pages
(3) contributions by authors on a specific topic

The wiki may host anything that should allow update by anyone.

We need to face the reality that very few developers are willing to
update the web site or produce web site patches -- and I'm not just
talking about derby. This is an issue that many ASF projects face. So
I'm inclined to move everything to the wiki that possibly can be.

 -jean