db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Performance regressions
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 20:09:49 GMT
Thanks for the info, anything is better than nothing.
Any chance to measure something like 1000 records per commit.
With one record per commit for the update operations you are
not really measuring the work to do the operation just the
overhead of commit -- at least for the single user case --
assuming your machine is set up to let derby do real disk
syncs (no write cache enabled).