db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jira attachments - please don't delete
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 19:12:47 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:

> Mamta Satoor wrote:
>

>>What I have been doing with my patches is to keep all the revisions in JIRA
>>but try to name such that (hopefully) it is easier for the reviewers to see
>>what is the latest patch. The naming convention I use has bug number, little
>>info about bug and date it was created. for eg
>>Derby479LinkageErrorReturnNullIfNulldiff021306.txt
>>

> I really like the issue number and date in the name as  you have it.  It
> really helps me keep patches straight.
>
> I would add
> - A patch number so Jira sorts in the right order.

I'm not sure Jira guarantees any sort order.

If you hover the pointer over the attachment the date it was attached
pops up, I find that useful for confirming the latest version.

Also, I think if you attach a file of the same name the older version is
greyed out, not sure if you can still select it or not. Though I do
recommend different names for patches, versions or dates. Dates can be
somewhat confusing unless everyone sticks to international format of
year followed by month followed by day.

Dan.