db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Jira attachments - please don't delete
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:15:35 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> I notice that some folks are deleting jira attachements when they attach
> a new version of a patch or functional/design spec. I personally think
> this should not be encouraged, it's sometimes helpful to have the
> history of the patch and especially helpful to have the history of a spec.
> Does anyone think it's a good idea to delete old attachements?

I think it depends.

For example, for the logo activity, I removed early web site mockups
from DERBY-747 to declutter that issue, but that might be viewed as a
special case. And, in fact, the Wiki might be a better place for
slapping up screenshots for people to comment on.

In the specific case of doc patches I think it's fine to leave old
versions if the latest version that should be committed is clearly

View raw message