db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Performance regressions
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:10:58 GMT
Olav Sandstaa wrote:

>Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>Right now we fly without a net for performance.  Does anyone run any
>>regular performance regression tests, especially ones for which  they
>>might be able to post results?
>The results from the performance regression test I run are now
>available on the following Web page:
>  http://home.online.no/~olmsan/derby/perf/
Thanks Olav.  This is so wonderful to have this net and great to see the
jump for Network Server.  Thanks Knut and Dyre!
A couple questions.

What is the baseline date?  I didn't see the date but am probably just
missing it.
Might it be possible to take snapshots of  memory usage and record that
information as well to track any glaring memory usage jumps?
NetworkServer control runtimeinfo offers the following info:

# Connection Threads : 1
# Active Sessions : 1
# Waiting  Sessions : 0

Total Memory : 2031616  Free Memory : 1570368

View raw message