db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Planning the 10.2 release
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 20:55:00 GMT
I would like to volunteer to be release manager for the next version of
Derby: 10.2. Of course, I will have to rely on everyone's kindness and
on Andrew's copious help.

My particular itch is building out Derby's support for JDBC 4, largely
described by the following JIRA's:

796
819
930
940
941
942
944
945
946
947
948
953
954
955

I am hoping that patches for this work will post over the next two
months and that the last scraps will appear on JIRA by April 7. That's
my target code-freeze date. Afterward, I imagine the community would
spend some time vetting those last pieces. Then we could cut a branch,
find and fix bugs, and finally generate some number of release candidates.

Would the community support an April 7 code-freeze date? If so, could
you help me by letting me know what you want to submit for this release
by that date?

Thanks,
-Rick