db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Øystein Grøvlen <Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Simple "failure analysis" for regression tests. Was Re: Regression Test Failure!
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 17:46:35 GMT
Ole Solberg wrote:

> *NEW:*
>
>>   Attempted failure analysis in
>>
>> http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Failures/Derby/377211.html
>

> FYI: this is trying to map the "signature" of the failure to a JIRA issue.
> I keep a file with failures seen on the format
>
> JIRA   suite/test
> e.g.
> 800    lang/ConcurrentImplicitCreateSchema.java
>
> and match against this.
> (Should probably add "Not yet reviewed by a human!" ;-)  )
>
> If there is no match I display something like:
> "Create JIRA issue for failure in 'lang/autoincrement.sql'?"

Nice work.  This is very useful.  It makes it much easier to determine
whether tnew failures have been introduced.  In fact, I think it would
be nice if this information included in the email.  Especially since
currently there is at least one test failing every time, it could save
us some work if we did not have to follow a link to check whether a
regression has been introduced.

--
Øystein