db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Improving the public api javadoc
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2006 20:51:58 GMT
Along the lines of improving getting started I was looking at Derby's
public api javadoc, available at:

This is another case where the information is there, but the reader is
not given any guidance about what to look for once they get to that page.

I added an overview page (published_api_overview.html) that's picked up
by the overview option of Javadoc. The information is an expanded
version of the README file. I actually started trying to add an overview
to the internals javadoc, but that target doesn't build for me.

I also added a package.html for org.apache.derby.jdbc, to give an
overview of the JDBC drivers and data source classes.

You can see these changes by building the publishedapi ant target from
the top-level directory. At some point the link above will be refreshed
to pick up the changes. I don't know how/when that is generated,
currently it's about 5 days old.

Feel free to make improvements to this pages or add other package.html
files for the packages with public api classes.

View raw message