db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Naming individuals in the subject line of posts
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2006 00:35:37 GMT
Satheesh Bandaram wrote:

>One concern I have is how to draw attention of part-time experts more
>easily.

Some thoughts on this ...

- I think a clear subject like "Optimizer history and advice needed ..."
will usually do it.
- It is important to start a new thread with a relevant subject when
conversations branch.
- If side pings are used as a last resort,  maybe they could take the
form of:  "You may be interested in the discussion at: <link>" so it is
clear there is no private reply needed.
- To manage the general volume, we could use subject tags: [OPTIMIZER],
[DRDA] etc to make it easier.  I  could start a Wiki page  with some
suggested (completely optional)  tags if that would be helpful.

Kathey