db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Should we investigate increasing the QRYDTA block size?
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2006 18:27:56 GMT
I was studying the work that Knut Anders has been doing on
DERBY-821 and DERBY-822, and I came across the following
statement in the DRDA spec (Volume 1, page 12):

   Blocking applies only to the QRYDTA reply objects. Each
   query block is a QRYDTA DSS. The maximum query block size
   value allowed in the qryblksz parameter is increased from
   32K to 10M, thus accomodating the larger data volumes
   required by modern, more data-intensive applications.

Is this idea already on the radar of the folks looking at
Network Server performance issues? If not, should we add it
to the list of ideas to pursue?

I tried searching JIRA to see if this was already logged, but
it's still being a tad cranky today, so pardon me if you've
already logged this one.

thanks,

bryan